First Physicians Capital Group’s investment strategy is focused on acquiring or developing partnerships with vendors and service providers catering primarily to the rural healthcare market. We believe there are unique opportunities to acquiring or joint venturing with vendors in a variety of service areas to develop an offering specifically focused on rural hospital needs. Given our focus on healthcare in rural markets, we have the advantage of providing an entry into the market for vendors and service providers who may not have the knowledge or relationship base.
First Physicians Capital Group Acquisition, Partnership, or Investment Criteria
- Industry: Healthcare services, healthcare IT, healthcare-related media and informatics; not interested in biotech or pharma
- Geographic Markets: Rural markets (including, but not exclusively limited to, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and select suburban communities)
- Size and profitability: existing or potential annual revenue of up to $100MM; existing or potential EBITDA margin of 8%-20%
- Situations: profitable growth companies; turnarounds with high growth potential
- Ownership: typically a majority control stake or joint venture structure. In some cases, we will consider a minority stake purchase if we can maintain a certain degree of operating and financial control. We will also consider a merger of equals and/or a change of control to a larger partner given the right circumstances.
- Consideration: typically a combination of cash, First Physicians Capital Group stock, seller notes
- Earnings Impact: accretive transactions
Our First Physicians Realty Group business unit is focused on investing in, managing, and developing real estate properties associated with the delivery of healthcare services in rural markets. We have accumulated a valuable portfolio of real estate associated with rural hospitals in Oklahoma. We are focused on acquiring and providing sale-leaseback financing for real estate associated with hospitals, medical clinics, and outpatient facilities in rural markets. We also provide sale-leaseback financing for medical equipment. Our long-term strategy is to provide real estate ownership, property management, leasing and development services to health system operators and physician groups.
Please contact us with any investment or business opportunities.
First Physicians Capital Group Investment / Business Opportunities
Contact Michael Gerten at (405) 896-7647